Chair of Evangelism - Vacancy
Africa University, a Pan African, United Methodist Church Related Institution in Zimbabwe, invites applications from suitably qualified and well experienced persons to fill the following strategic positions:
PROFESSOR/ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR: KUREWA CHAIR, AN E. STANLEY JONES PROFESSOR OF EVANGELISM
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced individuals to fill the above mentioned position that has fallen vacant in our institution.
This is a senior Academic position in which the successful candidate will be responsible for managing activities of the Chair.
The successful candidate will be responsible to the Dean of the College of Social Sciences, Theology, Humanities and Education, and will offer instruction in Evangelism.
Applicants should have the following attributes:
- A PhD in Evangelism or any other relevant area of theological studies.
- Be able to demonstrate an unwavering interest and commitment to evangelism in the spirit of John Wesley as a ministry of the church.
- Be able to demonstrate achievements in instruction, scholarship and publication in evangelism or in other areas of theological studies.
- Be able to teach in English; the ability to read and speak either in French or Portuguese would be an advantage.
- Be competent to teach at undergraduate and graduate levels with particular attention to the African context.
- Be competent to teach in another area of theological studies in addition to evangelism
- Familiarity with the United Methodist polity, Wesleyan history and theology, and evangelism programmes in the African Episcopal Areas of the United Methodist Church would be an advantage.
- Participate in all university activities as a member of the College of Social Sciences, Theology, Humanities and Education.
- Make an annual report of the activities of the Chair to the Dean; and to the Foundation for Evangelism through the Dean.
- Attend biennial evangelism programmes organized by the Foundation for Evangelism.
- Attend international evangelism conferences as the budget may allow.
- Be financially literate in order to formulate and execute budgets.
- Conduct cutting edge research in the area of evangelism and publish the findings.
- Organize academic workshops, seminars and conferences.
- Establish programmes of “evangelism as conversation” or listening ministry in communities involving church members and College of Social Sciences, Theology, Humanities and Education students and staff who may be interested in such a ministry.
- Be ready to be invited to attend or conduct an evangelism programme to any church or ecumenical organization.
- Engage in frontier research in the field.
- Produce published scholarship to enhance the visibility of the College and the University.
Applications together with six (6) copies of Curriculum vitae, certified copies and certificates, academic transcripts and at least three names of referees with their e-mail, phone numbers and postal addresses should be forwarded to:
Assistant Registrar – Personnel and Administration
P. O. Box 1320
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 31 October 2017