Africa University, an International Pan African and United Methodist Church Related Institution in Zimbabwe, invites applications from suitably qualified and well experienced person to fill the following strategic position:
Full-Time Intensive English/English as a Second Language - ESL Lecturer
General College Responsibilities
- Teach classes using techniques and knowledge of the disciplines that facilitate student learning.
- Teach classes in short-term language programs to be offered by the University to students and interested clients outside the University.
- Maintain a syllabus and course documents online using Moodle.
- Participate in decision-making processes by taking part in department and college meetings.
- Ability to work as team and respect for cultural diversity.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues.
- Have knowledge of the University, College and program policies and procedures.
- Evaluate outcome effectiveness.
- Provide appropriate means to test the linguistic proficiency of international students joining the University.
- Provide appropriate means to assess student progress and provide timely feedback.
- Use appropriate teaching methods to respond to varying student learning styles.
- Maintain college curriculum standards.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in the Languages unit to setup a language lab facility.
- Master's Degree in TESOL, Applied Linguistics or related field with TESOL certification
- Three years' experience teaching ESL/EFL
- Proficiency in English suitable to the position
- Experience in the teaching at University level
- Demonstrated effectiveness teaching at University level.
- Two or more years of experience teaching in an Intensive English Program or similar program.
- Experience using a variety of teaching and assessment techniques - including the use of technology - that enhance student success.
- Familiarity with current research in the discipline.
- Ability to work effectively and professionally with colleagues and members of the campus community.
- Demonstrated participation in academic, professional and civic activities.
- Excellent classroom teaching and communication skills.
- Experience with eLearning, computer-enhanced teaching, and blended learning approaches preferred
- Ability to work well as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated commitment to student learning.
- Ability and enthusiasm to use teaching methods that engage students and encourage them to be motivated self-learners.
Applications together with six (6) copies (If application is in hard copy format) of Curriculum vitae, certified copies and certificates, academic transcripts and at least three names of referees with their e-mail, phone numbers and postal addresses should be forwarded to:
Assistant Registrar, Human Resources & Administration
P. O. Box 1320
Zimbabwe or email to:email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 30 June 2020.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.