Africa University, an International Pan African and United Methodist Church Related Institution in Zimbabwe, invites applications from suitably qualified and well experienced person to fill the following strategic position:
Professor/Senior Lecturer/Lecturer-Social Work
Reporting to the Dean of the College of Social Sciences, Theology, Humanities and Education (CSSTHE) the Lecturer in Social Work main role will be that of teaching and most importantly, conducting solution-oriented research that will lead to innovation, industrialization and commercialization, in line with our policy of education 5.0. This post is currently on offer to suitably qualified and experienced candidates with the following competencies:
- A doctoral degree in Social Work
- At least 8 years teaching experience at undergraduate, graduate or tertiary level.
- A master degree holder with a proof of registration as a PhD. candidate in Social Work
- At least 7 years teaching experience at undergraduate, graduate or tertiary level.
- Ability to work as team and respect for cultural diversity.
- Knowledge of and experience in human rights/humanitarian law and children’s rights and the policy developments affecting social work professionals in the African Region
- At least 7 years of research experience in the broader fields of Social Work/Clinical Social Work addiction counseling, victim counseling, Social Work in Prisons, Army the Police and Air force and related fields and demonstration of ability to contribute to the College’s research and innovation profile
- Good writing and analytical skills
- Experience in grant writing and with links to the funding world
- Experience in leading large complex multi-disciplinary disruptive, innovative and collaborative researches
- Advocacy experience in the areas of social work and human/child rights will be an added advantage
- Be conversant with United Nations and regional instruments and institutions on Social Work issues.
- Proven strong networking skills and links with the local, regional and international donor agencies.
- Ability to work as a team and respect for cultural diversity.
- International and regional experience working on the Social Work arena will be considered an advantage
- Experience of working with multi-lateral, government or non-governmental organisations
- Develop and update curricula in Social Work and related fields.
- Teach Undergraduate, Masters of Social Work courses and related courses, and supervise PhD candidates within the College
- Conduct and publish applied research on social work
- Undertake advocacy and education awareness work on social work
- Mentor, supervise and train students in Social Work promotion and policy development
- Supervise students’ research projects and dissertations.
- Engage in scholarly research academic activities in the broader fields of Law, Social sciences/Social Work and related fields
- Promote public and outreach events in the integrated discipline of Social Work and related fields.
- Facilitate training, workshops, seminars and executive courses in Social Work and related fields
- Develop, write grant proposals and coordinate projects and programmes in Social Work/Child Rights and related fields in CSSTHE programmes
- Attend and contribute in CSSTHE meetings and University Committee meetings.
- Demonstration of knowledge of how gender and policy issues impact Social Work issues.
Applications together with six (6) copies (If application is in hard copy format) of Curriculum vitae, certified copies and certificates, academic transcripts and at least three names of referees with their e-mail, phone numbers and postal addresses should be forwarded to:
Assistant Registrar, Human Resources & Administration
P. O. Box 1320
Zimbabwe or email to:firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 30 June 2020.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.