Africa University, an International Pan African University in Zimbabwe, invites applications from suitably qualified and well experienced persons to fill the following position:
PROFESSOR/SENIOR LECTURER/LECTURER- PUBLIC HEALTH
Reporting to the H.O.D, the Lecturer in Public Health is expected to carry out three (3) major responsibilities of teaching students in the Health Department, carrying out research [which benefits both the students and the university] in the same area and also do community outreach.
- PhD/Master’s Degree in Public Health related fields
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental or Occupational Health or Health Promotion or Health Informatics
- Commitment to the maintenance of high standards of ethical behavior among staff and students.
- A strong record of relevant teaching, research and publications in reputable and peer reviewed journals.
- Develop and deliver teaching material for various undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in Environmental and Occupational Health and related courses.
- Assessing students in the taught disciplines
- Conduct research and publish in the area of public health,
- Undertaking the supervision of research projects and dissertations for both undergraduate and graduate students in all programmes in the department
- Develop and implement outreach programs with the team in the department.
- Advise undergraduate and graduate students.
- Responsible for administrative tasks related to teaching and learning in the programme
- To work with the College team in the development of new modules, programmes and innovative teaching, in line with the Higher Education Qualification Framework structures (ZIMCHE).
- Community engagement and service
Applications together with six (6) copies (If application is in hard copy format) of Curriculum vitae, certified copies and certificates, academic transcripts and at least three names of referees with their e-mail, phone numbers and postal addresses should be forwarded to:
Assistant Registrar, Human Resources & Administration
P. O. Box 1320
Zimbabwe or email to:email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 11 March 2019NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.