Africa University, an International Pan African and United Methodist Church Related Institution in Zimbabwe, invites applications from suitably qualified and well experienced persons to fill the following position:
PROJECTS MANAGER – FIXED TERM CONTRACT
Reporting to the Registrar, the main purpose of the job is to ensure that the University’s building and construction projects are executed timely, cost effectively and to the required quality standard meeting all regulatory requirements. In addition, the Projects Manager is responsible for supervising contractors on repairs and maintenance projects and preparing work schedules for preventive maintenance of existing building.
Applicants should have the following attributes:
- An earned B. Sc. Degree in Civil , Architectural or Structural Engineering. Diploma in Project Management is a must
- Should have experience in supervising multiple construction projects
- At least 5years experience in roads, building maintenance and construction with 2 years at managerial level.
- Candidate should have the ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Must have a clean class four Driver’s License
- Should have proficiency in MS Office including Projects and Excel
- Must have commitment to maintaining high service and quality standards.
- Coordinating all construction projects and ensuring that all work is completed according to time and budget schedules.
- Oversee, manage and direct construction projects from beginning to the end.
- Review and monitor projects in-depth and give management updates.
- Produce cost estimation and review existing in line with market conditions.
- Track inventory regularly in liaison with contractors to avoid pilferage.
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to project status
- Monitor and guide compliance with building and safety regulations
- Ensure tools, materials and equipment being used on construction sites are functional and comply with safety standards.
- Manage and mitigate projects implementation risks
- Always ensure quality construction standards are adhered to.
Applications together with copies of Curriculum vitae, certified copies of certificates, academic transcripts and at least three names of referees with their e-mail, phone numbers and postal addresses should be forwarded to:
Assistant Registrar- Human Resources & Administration
P. O. Box 1320
Zimbabwe or email to:email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 26 October 2018
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.