Africa University, an International Pan African and United Methodist Church Related Institution in Zimbabwe, invites applications from suitably qualified and well experienced persons to fill the following 5 positions:
Reporting to the H.O.D. The Lecturer in International Relations/Political Science main role will be that of teaching. However, the position also has administrative roles.
- A university doctorate degree in International Relations, Social/Political Science/Theory, or a related field.
- At least 8 years teaching experience at undergraduate, graduate or tertiary level.
- Must have strong networking skills in order to work with the local, regional and international organizations.
- Be conversant with United Nations and regional instruments and institutions in Africa as well as internationally on political issues
NB: Indicate if you are applying for the Endowed Chair or Senior Lecturer in your subject line.
Reporting to the H.O.D, the incumbent will serve in the capacity of IP and Innovation Professor and will provide leadership in contributing to the smooth organization and implementation of the activities of the MIP programme.
- An earned PhD in Intellectual Property or Intellectual Property Law and a proven record as a scholar in one or integrated IP areas.
- An Undergraduate Degree in Law will be an added advantage.
- Proven ability to contribute to the College and University’s research profile and an outstanding record in research and publication in IP;
- Teaching experience at university graduate level and as an active researcher in the integrated field of IP.
NB: PhD holders aspiring to be Professors are encouraged to apply.
Reporting to the H.O.D, the Lecturer in Clinical Biochemistry is expected to carry out three (3) major responsibilities of teaching students in the Medical Laboratory Science Programme, carrying out research [which benefits both the students and the university] in the same area and also doing community outreach.
- PhD or enrolled in PhD programme in Clinical Biochemistry
- Master’s Degree in Clinical Biochemistry
- First Degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Registered with the Medical Laboratory and Clinical Scientists Council of Zimbabwe.
Reporting to the Dean of the College of Health, Agriculture and Natural Sciences, the Lecturer in Nursing Science is expected to carry out responsibilities in five core areas of teaching, carrying out research, community service, innovation and modernization.
- PhD or enrolled in PhD programme in Nursing Science
- Master’s Degree in Nursing Science
- First Degree in Nursing Science
- Registered with the Nurses Council of Zimbabwe.
Reporting to the H.O.D, the purpose of the job is mainly to run the reference insectary facility under AU CHANS technical support initiative for the National Malaria Control Programme (NMCP) of Zimbabwe and its partners ABT Associates and Zimbabwe Assistance Programme in Malaria (ZAPIM).
- Minimum two years’ experience rearing mosquito colonies for malaria entomological and parasite surveillance for the MOHCC or its partner organizations.
- Specific laboratory training from NMCP partner organization, such as PMI, CDC, National Institute of Health Research, International Centre of Excellence for Malaria Research (ICEMR) is a requirement for this position.
Applications together with six (6) copies of Curriculum vitae, certified copies and certificates, academic transcripts and at least three names of referees with their e-mail, phone numbers and postal addresses should be forwarded to:
Assistant Registrar – Human Resources and Administration
P.O Box 1320
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
*NB: The closing date for applications is 10 July 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
Africa University is an equal opportunity employer and invites applications from different ethnic backgrounds, races, nationalities and sexes.