Africa University, a Pan African and United Methodist Church Related Institution in Zimbabwe, invites applications from suitably qualified and well experienced persons to fill the following strategic positions:
Reporting to The Dean of Students, the Counsellor provides leadership and coordination of counselling and career activities, outreach, training, and clinical services for Africa University community.
- A Master’s degree in Counselling or higher qualification with emphasis in counselling and psychotherapy is required.
- The person must possess at least 3 years’ clinical experience.
- The individual must demonstrate a successful record of strategic planning, program evaluation, and budget management.
- Excellence in team building and strong written and oral communication skills and demonstrated ability to work in a diverse community is required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establishing the Counselling program and Centre
- Identifying counseling needs based on input from students and staff
- Planning special events such as Mental Health Awareness Week, etc
- Providing individual and group counselling services
- Advising the Dean on Counselling Policies/programmes
Application letter together with a copy of curriculum vitae, certified copies of certificates, academic transcripts and three referees with their e-mail addresses, phone numbers and postal addresses should be forwarded to:
Assistant Registrar, Human Resources & Administration
P. O. Box 1320
Zimbabwe or email to:firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 13 December 2019.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.