Africa University, a Pan African and United Methodist Church Related Institution in Zimbabwe, invites applications from suitably qualified and well experienced persons to fill the following strategic position:
- The Bishop Roy and Dr. Ruth Nicholas Chair of Educational Technologies. Read more...
- Chair of Agribusiness: Department of Agriculture and Natural Sciences. Read more...
- James M. Walker 1 Director for the Institute of Theology and Religious studies. Read more...
- James M. Walker 2 Chair of Pastoral Care and Counselling. Read more...
- Institute of Peace Leadership and Governance Chair of Intellectual Property. Read more...
General Criteria for Appointments:
The following general criteria will be used in the review and recommendation of candidates for appointment to endowed chairs:
- Renowned Senior Lecturer/ Associate Professor/Full Professor with PhD degree and an outstanding record of productive
- Research, publication, creative activity; and scholarly achievements appropriate to the discipline and fields of specialization.
- Evidence of a continuing record of exemplary academic and professional leadership appropriate to the discipline or profession.
- Evidence of professional achievement at the national or international level which will enhance the status of the University’s faculty.
DIRECTOR, ADVANCEMENT AND PUBLIC AFFAIRS
The Director is responsible for leading and managing all functions of the Office of Advancement and Public Affairs (OSPA). He/she will ensure the effective and efficient execution of efforts to grow philanthropic investment in the universityfrom African sources. Key areas of focus/responsibility include resource mobilization across Africa (making friends and raising funds for Africa University), public affairs, marketing, and alumni relations.
Reporting to the Vice Chancellor, The Chaplain is responsible for creating programmes and activities aimed at enhancing spiritual life of the University community which includes Staff and Students.
FLEET AND FACILITIES MANAGER
The main purpose of the job is to ensure that the University has a fleet that is functional and serviceable to meet all transport needs of the University community. In addition, the role is responsible for supervising contractors on repairs, renovations and building projects and preparing a scheduled maintenance plan for buildings.
ASSISTANT REGISTRAR-ACADEMIC AFFAIRS
The role ensures that the recruitment, admissions, registration and examinations of the University are well run. In addition, the role plays a critical role in managing student records, planning academic events and processing certificates and transcripts.
Applications together with six (6) copies of Curriculum vitae, certified copies and certificates, academic transcripts and at least three names of referees with their e-mail, phone numbers and postal addresses should be forwarded to:
Assistant Registrar – Human Resources and Administration
P. O. Box 1320
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
*NB: The closing date for applications is 15 April 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
Africa University is an equal opportunity employer and invites applications from different ethnic backgrounds, races, nationalities and sexes.