Africa University, a Pan African and United Methodist Church Related Institution in Zimbabwe, invites applications from suitably qualified and well experienced persons to fill the following strategic positions:
1.HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER
Reports to Assistant Registrar-Human Resources and Administration.
- Degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent.
- IPMZ Diploma in Human Resources Management is a distinct advantage.
- 5 years of middle managerial experience in Human Resources and Administrative Management.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Assists in the Staff resourcing process.
- Assists in the administration of Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Secretary to various university committees.
- Facilitates employee relations and staff wellness programmes.
- Coordinates the staff development and performance management programmes in the university.
- Assists in the payroll management process.
2.CLASS ONE CHEF- UBUNTU RETREAT CENTRE
Reports to Manager, Food Services
- A Class One qualified skilled worker in the trade of professional cookery.
- At least five years’ experience working in a busy hotel or resort.
- Aged between 25 and 35 years.
- Have supervisory skills to run a kitchen.
- Good communication skills
- Computer Literate
- Pay attention to dietary needs.
- Order food and drawing up all forms of menu-ala carte,table d‘hort and Buffet menus.
- Supervise kitchen staff on the shift.
- Budgetary control.
- Train kitchen staff
- Comply with HACCP principles on hygiene.
Application letter together with a copy of curriculum vitae, certified copies of certificates, academic transcripts and three referees with their e-mail addresses, phone numbers and postal addresses should be forwarded to:
Assistant Registrar, Human Resources & Administration
P. O. Box 1320
Zimbabwe or email to:firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 21 February 2020.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.