Africa University, a Pan African and United Methodist Church Related Institution in Zimbabwe, invites applications from suitably qualified and well experienced persons to fill the following strategic position:
PROFESSOR/SENIOR LECTURER/LECTURER - CLINICAL BIOCHEMISTRY
Reporting to the H.O.D, the Lecturer in Clinical Biochemistry is expected to carry out three (3) major responsibilities of teaching students in the Medical Laboratory Science Programme, carrying out research [which benefits both the students and the university] in the same area and also doing community outreach.
- PhD or enrolled in PhD programme in Clinical Biochemistry
- Master’s Degree in Clinical Biochemistry
- First Degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Registered with the Medical Laboratory and Clinical Scientists Council of Zimbabwe.
- Evidence of successful participation in multi-disciplinary teaching and research
- Commitment to the maintenance of high standards of ethical behavior among staff and students.
- A good record of research and publications in peer-reviewed journals is an added advantage.
- Teach core courses in Clinical Biochemistry in the undergraduate medical laboratory science programme.
- Supervise student project proposals and dissertations.
- Advise undergraduate and graduate students.
- Undertake relevant research in communicable and non-communicable diseases
- Work with the College team in the development of new modules, programmes and innovative teaching.
TO APPLYApplications together with six (6) copies (If application is in hard copy format) of Curriculum vitae, certified copies and certificates, academic transcripts and at least three names of referees with their e-mail, phone numbers and postal addresses should be forwarded to:
Assistant Registrar, Human Resources & Administration
P. O. Box 1320
Zimbabwe or email to:firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 10 July 2019
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.