Africa University, a Pan African and United Methodist Church Related Institution in Zimbabwe, invites applications from suitably qualified and well experienced persons to fill the following strategic position:
The main purpose of the job is to provide administrative leadership in all aspects relating to examinations, certification and achievement procedures by implementing the University’s examinations policies.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Information Technology/Science, Social Sciences or Education.
- At least 3 (three) years working experience in the higher and tertiary education sector preferably in examination related matters.
- Exceptional skills in Microsoft excel and use of Enterprise Resource Planning systems.
- Strong interpersonal and team work skills
- Excellent organizational skills, with a high level of efficiency, planning and foresight
- The capacity to work effectively under pressure with attention to detail
- The ability to handle situations with discretion, tact and diplomacy
- The ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- High level of personal and professional integrity
- High degree of self-confidence, personal energy and dynamism
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates in the formulation and amendment of University examination rules , regulations and related policies and procedures
- Prepares University Examination schedules
- Keeps up-to-date with all examination requirements, schedules and ensures that staff and students are aware of the relevant changes and communicating these as necessary
- prepares for and organises all examinations in accordance with the University rules and regulations
- receives and ensures secure storage of all examination papers as submitted by examiners and be responsible for all examination stationery
- distributes examination papers to examination venues as per the university regulations
- Trains and supervises examination invigilators
- Makes appropriate provisions for students with special requirements/needs
- Ensures that the examination rooms are ready for exams, i.e. the distribution of examination materials and clocks
- Coordinates the processing of examination results for all university examinations working with the Colleges
- Provides Secretarial services to designated University committees
- Provides input for updates of standard operating procedures, rules and regulations for examinations
- Performs any other duties commensurate with the position as may be assigned from time to time
Applications together with copies of the curriculum vitae, certified copies of certificates, academic transcripts and three referees with their e-mail addresses, phone numbers and postal addresses should be forwarded to:
Assistant Registrar, Human Resources & Administration
P. O. Box 1320
Zimbabwe or email to:email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 22 November 2019
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.