Africa University, a Pan African and United Methodist Church Related Institution in Zimbabwe, invites applications from suitably qualified and well experienced persons to fill the following strategic position:
PROFESSOR/SENIOR LECTURER/LECTURER- NURSING SCIENCE
Reporting to the Dean of the College of Health, Agriculture and Natural Sciences, the Lecturer in Nursing Science is expected to carry out responsibilities in five core areas of teaching, carrying out research, community service, innovation and modernization.
- PhD or enrolled in PhD programme in Nursing Science
- Master’s Degree in Nursing Science
- First Degree in Nursing Science
- Registered with the Nurses Council of Zimbabwe.
- Evidence of successful participation in multi-disciplinary teaching and research projects/ dissertation supervision
- Commitment to the maintenance of high standards of ethical behavior among staff and students.
- A strong record of relevant research and publications in reputable peer-reviewed journals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To contribute to taught programmes at all levels both within and beyond their particular specialization
- Supervise student project proposals and dissertations.
- Advise undergraduate and graduate students.
- Engage in active problem-solving research in the area of specialty which benefits students, University and the nation
- To work with the College team in the development of new modules, programmes and innovative teaching.
- Liaise with possible attachment sites for students in the country as well as the region
- Follow up and evaluate students on attachment
Applications together with six (6) copies (If application is in hard copy format) of Curriculum vitae, certified copies and certificates, academic transcripts and at least three names of referees with their e-mail, phone numbers and postal addresses should be forwarded to:
Assistant Registrar, Human Resources & Administration
P. O. Box 1320
Zimbabwe or email to:email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 10 July 2019
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.