Africa University, a Pan African and United Methodist Church Related Institution in Zimbabwe, invites applications from suitably qualified and well experienced persons to fill the following position:
SPORT ASSISTANT/ LIFE SAVER
Reporting to the Director of Sports, the Sports Assistant/Life Saver will assist the Director in the general administration of the sport unit and have a special focus on ensuring the wellbeing of students and staff who use mainly the pool, the gym and any other sporting facilities within the University. He or She will be responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the sporting facilities and equipment and adherence to safety standards at all times. The incumbent will be responsible for the promotion and management of all sporting programmes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinating all sporting activities in liaison with the Sports Director
- Ensures adherence to rules and regulations and standard operating procedures for use of the pool, the gym and other spot facilities
- Ensures that swimming pool users are safe
- Administers first aid treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services at all sporting events.
- Ensures all the University’s sporting equipment and uniforms are properly issued, accounted for and are in good working order.
- Ensure that sporting facilities are well maintained working in liaison with the Fleet and Facilities Unit.
- Supervision of part time coaches and team captains.
- Assist in the general administration of sport in the University.
- Certificate/degree in Sport Management, Sport Administration or Sport Science is an added advantage.
- Certificate in Lifesaving
- First Aid certificate,
- Swimming Coaching certificate
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a life saver.
- Must be able to work long and odd hours as well as during weekends and public holidays.
- Good command of English,
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a diverse community
- Clean class 4 drivers licence
Applications together with copies of the curriculum vitae, certified copies of certificates, academic transcripts and three referees with their e-mail addresses, phone numbers and postal addresses should be forwarded to:
Assistant Registrar, Human Resources & Administration
P. O. Box 1320
Zimbabwe or email to:email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 22 November 2019
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.