Africa University, a Pan African and United Methodist Church Related Institution in Zimbabwe, invites applications from suitably qualified and well experienced persons to fill the following strategic position:
Reporting to the Dean of Students, the Sports Director provides leadership of University sports for students and staff. The position involves advising on relevant policy and planning and coordination of university sports within and outside campus and ensuring that planned programmes are implemented effectively.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and executes strategic plan for sports at the University.
- Advises on policy issues related to the University sports.
- Interfaces with both internal and external clients on sports related matters.
- Participates as team member in resource mobilization for sport.
- Prepares budgets and manages the sports budget
- Coordinates planning of both intramural and extramural sports programmes
- Supervises staff in the sports unit and conducts their performance appraisals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sport Management, Sport Administration or Sport Science
- An advanced degree in a relevant field will be desirable.
- 3 years of experience in sports administration at a tertiary or higher education institution.
- Must be able to work long and odd hours as well as during weekends and public holidays.
- Good command of English
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a diverse environment.
- Clean class 4 drivers licence.
Applications together with copies of the curriculum vitae, certified copies of certificates, academic transcripts and three referees with their e-mail addresses, phone numbers and postal addresses should be forwarded to:
Assistant Registrar, Human Resources & Administration
P. O. Box 1320
Zimbabwe or email to:firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 22 November 2019
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.