Africa University, a Pan African and United Methodist Church Related Institution in Zimbabwe, invites applications from suitably qualified and well experienced persons to fill the following strategic position:
LECTURER/SENIOR LECTURER/ ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR/ PROFESSOR
THE BISHOP ROY AND DR. RUTH NICHOLAS CHAIR OF EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGIES
Reporting to the Dean of the College of Social Sciences, Theology, Humanities and Education and will offer instruction in Educational Technologies and should be able to teach in at least one other area of Educational Technology. The Professor of Educational Technology is responsible for the supervision and implementation of technology initiatives in the Department of Education and related departments in the College and University as a whole.
Applicants should have the following qualifications and attributes:
- PhD in Educational Technology, Instructional Systems, or related field;
- Should have experience in teaching Educational Technologies and related subjects in other Colleges
- Should have proficiency in teaching in English; the ability to read and speak either French or Portuguese would be an added advantage;
- Should have vast university teaching experience including the development and delivery of online courses or programmes.
- Teaching undergraduate and graduate levels with particular attention to the African context;
- Participate in curriculum review of current programmes and develop new programmes;
- Take a leading role in resource mobilization through grant writing for research and innovative projects;
- Provide leadership in establishing strategic partnerships with other institutions locally, regionally and abroad for the growth and development of the Department and College;
- Demonstrate achievements and/or potential in instruction, scholarship, research and publication;
- Provide leadership in the development of strategic approaches for the integration of technology into the educational environments of the College;
- Provide leadership and innovation for enhancing teaching and learning through the identification, evaluation, adoption, and integration of effective educational innovations into the curriculum;
- Teaching using Online platforms and support faculty and students; coordinates all ongoing activities associated with delivering courses on Online, serve as liaison to students, faculty and the student services unit;
- To develop and maintain an online repository of resources in Educational Technology to provide information on current best practices, innovations, and emerging trends for faculty and students (e.g. tutorials, interactive programs, websites) and promote sharing of resources;
- To engage the academic community in the exploration, discussion, and assessment of educational technology and work collaboratively across the university Colleges and leverage on existing efforts to improve service delivery.
Applications together with six (6) copies (applies if application is in hard copy format) of Curriculum vitae, certified copies and certificates, academic transcripts and at least three names of referees with their e-mail, phone numbers and postal addresses should be forwarded to:
Assistant Registrar- Human Resources & Administration
P. O. Box 1320
Zimbabwe or email to:email@example.com
*NB: The closing date for applications is 15 April 2018
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.