Africa University, a Pan African and United Methodist Church Related Institution in Zimbabwe, invites applications from suitably qualified and well experienced persons to fill the following strategic position:
DESIGN AND CONTENT DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANT
Reporting to the Director, Advancement and Public Affairs Office of Advancement and Public Affairs (OAPA) will be responsible for carrying out a wide variety of creative and administrative tasks in the Advancement and Public Affairs office. The post requires an incredibly talented individual with an eye for detail and a creative mind.
- A Bachelor’s degree required, with a concentration in communications, graphic/multimedia design, marketing, advancement or a related field.
- A minimum of two years of progressively responsible administrative experience in communications, graphic designing, marketing, advancement or related field. Experience with marketing strategy, strategic advertising and branding.
- Expertise in the principles, practices and ethics of public relations; principles of institutional advancement; media relations; electronic/social media requirements for multilingual marketing and publicity efforts; and graphic design and print production.
- Proven ability to plan and execute high-profile special events to meet friend-making and resource mobilization goals.
- Demonstrated skills in handling, directing and prioritizing multiple and often complex assignments and projects.
- Ability to communicate with internal and external constituencies in a professional manner, including articulating the University’s story and message with clarity and enthusiasm.
- Strong listening as well as oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to quickly define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw accurate conclusions; and effectively present information to senior administrators, faculty, students, and public groups.
- Strong skills and knowledge of technology trends in the marketing/public relations arena.
- High level of energy and good sense of humor with the capacity for extraordinary time and effort demands.
- Familiarity with The United Methodist Church, its history and global mission, and a commitment to participating in the preparation of effective and principled leaders for the continent of Africa.
- Plan and create effective communications and messages for print and electronic media.
- Develops the overall layout and production design of material for Internet Web pages, interactive media, video and multimedia projects.
- Gathers relevant marketing and advancement – related information by meeting with internal and external stakeholders and by performing own research.
- Selects colors, sound, artwork, photography, video, animation style, and other visual elements for designs that align to the university communications manual and established guidelines.
- Use specialized computer software packages to create layouts and design elements and to code animated graphics where necessary.
- Create visual aspects of marketing materials, products and other media.
- Consult with Advancement and Public Affairs Officers to create cohesive designs that reflect Africa University’s corporate culture and goals
- Any other duties assigned.
Applications together with six (6) copies (If application is in hard copy format) of Curriculum vitae, certified copies and certificates, academic transcripts and at least three names of referees with their e-mail, phone numbers and postal addresses should be forwarded to:
Assistant Registrar, Human Resources & Administration
P. O. Box 1320
Zimbabwe or email to:firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 4 February 2019 by 1200hours.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.