Africa University, a Pan African and United Methodist Church Related Institution in Zimbabwe, invites applications from suitably qualified and well experienced persons to fill the following strategic position:
SENIOR ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT - FARM
Reporting to the Assistant Bursar will be responsible for preparation of Financial accounts for the Africa University Farm.
- Administration and Supervision Financial accounts
- Reviews ledger accounts for the farm
- Supervises farm stores and sales clerks
- Prepares bank reconciliations for farms and reviews inventory, livestock reconciliations and payments and submits to Assistant Bursar
- Assists Farm Manager on preparation of the Farm budgets
- Provides weekly and monthly cash flows to the Farm Manager
- Prepares some of Africa University, Farms journals, Farm Asset Register and audit schedules
- Prepares VAT returns for review by Assistant Bursar
- Prioritise on cash management and expenditure
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports and budget reconciliations for the Farm.
- A Bachelors Degree in Accounting or equivalent
- At least 2 years’ experience in an accounting environment.
- Proven knowledge in Pastel Accounting System
- Competence with computer packages including Word Processing, Spreadsheets, Databases and Filing Systems
- Ability to adapt to changing situations and be able to communicate with a range of people of different cultures.
- Should be willing to work outside working hours including weekends
Applications should be sent together with copies of Curriculum Vitae, Certified copies of Certificates, Academic transcripts and at least three names of referees with their e-mail, phone numbers and postal addresses should be forwarded to:
Assistant Registrar, Human Resources & Administration
P. O. Box 1320
Zimbabwe or email to:email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 18 December 2018 by 1200hours.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.