Africa University, a Pan African and United Methodist Church Related Institution in Zimbabwe, invites applications from suitably qualified and well experienced persons to fill the following strategic positions:
Professor/Associate Professor/Senior Lecturer/Lecturer in Political Science/Peace Studies (1 Position)
Reporting to the Dean, the main duties and responsibilities of Lecturer in Political Science/Peace Studies will be that of teaching, conducting solution-oriented research that will lead to policy change, commercialisation and industrialisation in line with Education 5.0.
- A university doctorate degree in Political Science/Peace Studies or a related field.
- At least 5 years teaching experience at undergraduate, graduate or tertiary level.
- Must have strong networking skills in order to work with the local, regional and international organizations.
- Be conversant with United Nations and regional instruments and institutions in Africa as well as internationally on political issues
- Ability to work as a team and respect for cultural diversity.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Demonstrate ability to actively engage in College / Institute’s innovative and impactful research profile
- Proven track record of outstanding record of research and publication in the broader fields of Politics, Peace Studies, International Relations, Diplomacy and related fields.
- International experience working in politics and diplomacy arena will be considered an advantage
- Familiarity with state theory and the repercussions of globalization on the dynamics of Peace, International Relations, Diplomacy and the contemporary world order.
- Ability to interrogate the impact of global governance frameworks on the African continent and states with a particular focus on the African Union and regional bodies.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Africa’s emerging conflicts and their implication on African geopolitics, political transactions and development.
- Demonstrated experience in the practice politics and peacebuilding including experience of working with UN Agencies, humanitarian organizations, multi-lateral, government or non-governmental organizations.
- Ability to generate innovative and creative research ideas to solve the emerging global challenges
- A successful track record of raising and managing funds from major donors and foundations.
- Demonstration of knowledge of how gender and policy issues impact Peace, Politics, Leadership, Governance and International Relations issues
- Excellent computer skills in MS Word, Excel and other programmes and systems that enhance quality and innovative learning and teaching
- Knowledge of additional regional languages, such as Swahili, Portuguese, or French will be an added advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and update curricula in the integrated areas of Peace Studies, Political Science, Leadership, Governance, International Relations and related fields.
- Teach the theory and practice of Peace, Politics or International Relations and related fields
- Contribute to the integrated research areas of the Institute of Peace, Leadership and Governance.
- Mentor, supervise and train students in for student success and professional development in their areas of study
- Supervise students’ dissertations at Masters and PhD levels.
- Engage in scholarly research academic activities in the broader fields of Peace Studies, Politic Science or International Relations and related fields.
- Engage in scholarly research academic activities in the broader fields of Peace Studies, Politic Science or International Relations and related fields
- Facilitate training, workshops, seminars and executive courses in Accounting and related fields.
- Develop, write grant proposals and coordinate projects and programmes in Finance/Accounting and related fields in CBPLG programmes.
- Attend and contribute in CBPLG meetings and University Committee meetings.
Applicants should submit their applications, including a curriculum vitae, giving full personal particulars including, full name, place of birth and date of birth, certified proof of qualifications, employment history and experience, contact details, names and conduct details of three referees to:
Assistant Registrar, Human Resources & Administration
P. O. Box 1320
Zimbabwe or email to:email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 06 April 2020.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.