Africa University, a Pan African and United Methodist Church Related Institution in Zimbabwe, invites applications from suitably qualified and well experienced persons to fill the following strategic positions:
LECTURER/SENIOR LECTURER/ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR/PROFESSOR IN BUSINESS MANAGEMENT (1 POSITION)
Reporting to the Dean, in the College of Business, Peace Leadership and Governance the main duties and responsibilities of Lecturer in Business Management will be that of teaching, conducting solution-oriented research that will lead to transformative policy change, innovation, commercialization and industrialization in line with Education 5.0.
- A university doctorate degree in Business Management or a related field.
- At least 5 years teaching experience at undergraduate, graduate or tertiary level.
- Demonstration of ability to actively contribute to the College’s innovative research profile
- Outstanding record of innovative research and impactful publications in the broader fields of Business Management and related fields
- Good writing and analytical skills.
- Experience in grant writing and leading large complex researches .
- Advocacy experience in the areas of Business Management .
- Must have strong networking skills in order to work with the local, regional and international organizations.
- Be conversant with solution – oriented Business Management research and skills.
- Ability to work as team and respect for cultural diversity..
- Experience in management and forecasting software such as Tora, ERP, POM-QM for Windows and be able to teach..
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop innovative curricula in Business Management and related fields.
- Undertake leadership roles and demonstrate excellence in impactful teaching, innovative research, service and engagement, including a sustained record of outstanding impact and achievement that is internationally recognized in either teaching or research for both undergraduate and graduate courses and related courses or other departments within the College.
- Teach in at least three of the undergraduate courses: Business Communication, Human Resources Management, Industrial Relations, Purchasing and Materials Management and Strategic Management.
- Undertake solution-oriented research leading to publications in leading peer-reviewed journals in the field of management or related disciplines, resulting in national recognition.
- Mentor, supervise and train students in Business Management.
- Supervise students’ research projects and dissertations.
- Engagement with business and industry groups through presentations, promotional activities, committees, and/or media work.
- Actively engage in scholarly research academic activities in the broader fields of Business Management.
- Promote public and outreach events in the integrated discipline of Business Management and related fields.
- Facilitate training, workshops, seminars and executive courses in Business Management and related fields.
- Develop, write grant proposals and coordinate projects and programmes in Business Management and related fields in CBPLG programmes
- Attend and contribute in CBPLG meetings and University Committee meetings.
Applicants should submit their applications, including a curriculum vitae, giving full personal particulars including, full name, place of birth and date of birth, certified proof of qualifications, employment history and experience, contact details, names and conduct details of three referees to:
Assistant Registrar, Human Resources & Administration
P. O. Box 1320
Zimbabwe or email to:email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 06 April 2020.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.