Africa University, a Pan African and United Methodist Church Related Institution in Zimbabwe, invites applications from suitably qualified and well experienced persons to fill the following strategic positions:
PROFESSOR/SENIOR LECTURER/LECTURER- CYTOLOGY
Reporting to the Dean, the main duties and responsibilities of Lecturer in Cytology will be that of teaching, conducting solution-oriented research that will lead to transformative policy changes and innovation in the field of Cytology in line with Education 5.0.
- PhD or enrolled in PhD programme in Histology and/or Cytology
- Master Degree in Histology and/or Cytology
- First Degree in Medical Laboratory Sciencess
- Registered with the Medical Laboratory and Clinical Scientists Council of Zimbabwe.
- Evidence of successful participation in multi-disciplinary teaching and research
- Commitment to the maintenance of high standards of ethical behaviour among staff and students.
- A good record of research and publications in peer-reviewed journals is an added advantage
- Teach core courses in Histology/Cytology in the undergraduate medical laboratory science programme and the Cytology Technician Training.
- Preparation, development and monitoring of effective and innovative learning and assessment materials
- Supervise student project proposals and dissertations.
- Advise undergraduate and graduate students
- Impactful research and innovation output in communicable and non-communicable diseases
- Work with the College team in the development of new modules, programmes and innovative teaching.
Applicants should submit their applications, including a curriculum vitae, giving full personal particulars including, full name, place of birth and date of birth, certified proof of qualifications, employment history and experience, contact details, names and conduct details of three referees to:
Assistant Registrar, Human Resources & Administration
P. O. Box 1320
Zimbabwe or email to:email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 06 April 2020.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.