Africa University, a Pan African and United Methodist Church Related Institution in Zimbabwe, invites applications from suitably qualified and well experienced persons to fill the following strategic positions:
PROFESSOR/SENIOR LECTURER/LECTURER- NURSING SCIENCE
Reporting to the Dean, the main duties and responsibilities of Lecturer in Nursing Science will be that of teaching, conducting solution-oriented research that will lead to transformative policy changes and innovation in the field of Nursing Science in line with Education 5.0.
- The applicant should hold a relevant doctoral degree from a recognized university with a first degree in Nursing Science, master’s degree in Nursing Science and PhD in Nursing Science.
- Registered with the Nurses Council of Zimbabwe.
- Relevant experience in teaching, research and/or nursing practice with evidence of publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Evidence of multi-disciplinary teaching and research projects/ dissertation supervision.
Key Perfomance Areas:
- Develop and deliver teaching material for various undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in Environmental and Occupational Health and related courses.
- Active engagement in high-quality research; implementing new developments in Nursing Science; Setting up original theoretical and practical research or key technologies in Nursing Science; enhancing international academic influence.
- Preparation, development and monitoring of effective and innovative learning and assessment materials.
- Impactful research and innovation output in the area of Nursing Science.
- Supervising student project proposals and dissertations.
- Advising undergraduate and graduate students.
- Working with the College team in developing new modules, programmes
- Liaising with Nursing Directorate/Head of health institutions, in-country and the region, for student attachment sites.
- Following up and evaluating students on attachment.
- Participating in nursing activities in the Ministry of Health and Child Care
- Evidence for being a proactive learner, with professional and teamwork skills.
- Commitment to maintenance of high standard of ethical behaviour.
Applicants should submit their applications, including a curriculum vitae, giving full personal particulars including, full name, place of birth and date of birth, certified proof of qualifications, employment history and experience, contact details, names and conduct details of three referees to:
Assistant Registrar, Human Resources & Administration
P. O. Box 1320
Zimbabwe or email to:email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 06 April 2020.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.