Africa University, a Pan African and United Methodist Church Related Institution in Zimbabwe, invites applications from suitably qualified and well experienced persons to fill the following strategic positions:
PROFESSOR/SENIOR LECTURER/LECTURER- PUBLIC HEALTH
Reporting to the Dean, the main duties and responsibilities of Lecturer in Public Health will be that of teaching, conducting solution-oriented research that will lead to transformative policy changes and innovation in the field of Public Health in line with Education 5.0.
- Public Health Physician [Medical Doctor].
- PhD/Master’s Degree in Public Health related fields.
- Academic authority (teaching and research) in communicable diseases and non-communicable diseases.
- Strong record of relevant teaching, research and publications in reputable peer reviewed journals.
Key Perfomance Areas:
- Develop and deliver teaching material for various undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in Environmental and Occupational Health and related courses.
- Active engagement in high-quality research; implementing new developments in Public Health; Setting up original theoretical and practical research or key technologies in Public Health; enhancing international academic influence.
- Innovative teaching and student assessment for taught courses.
- Impactful research and innovation in the area of public health
- Supervision of research projects and dissertations for undergraduate and graduate students in Public Health.
- Developing and implementing community engagement projects and community service
- Advising undergraduate and graduate students.
- Administrative tasks related to teaching and learning
- Teamwork in the development of new modules, programmes in line with the Higher Education Qualification Framework structures (ZIMCHE).
- Commitment to maintenance of high standards of ethical behaviour.
Applicants should submit their applications, including a curriculum vitae, giving full personal particulars including, full name, place of birth and date of birth, certified proof of qualifications, employment history and experience, contact details, names and conduct details of three referees to:
Assistant Registrar, Human Resources & Administration
P. O. Box 1320
Zimbabwe or email to:email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 06 April 2020.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.