Africa University, a Pan African and United Methodist Church Related Institution in Zimbabwe, invites applications from suitably qualified and well experienced persons to fill the following strategic positions:
STUDENT RECRUITMENT ASSISTANT
The main purpose of the job is to provide administrative leadership in all aspects relating to student recruitment. The job holder will develops marketing materials for use in promoting the University. Recruits students by developing alumni networks; evaluating recruiting techniques and materials; interviewing prospective students and initiating campaigns to induce students to attend the university policies and ensuring the integrity of University certification process.
- Bachelor’s degree in, Marketing, Business Administration or Social Sciences.
- At least three years working experience in a higher education institution.
- Fluency in French and/or Portuguese an added advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- promotes and attend Student Recruitment Events in and outside the country to promote the University and its programmes, in order to increase enrolments.
- Develops and organizes a range of international and national recruitment events by liaising with departmental staff and relevant colleagues in the Development and Public Affairs department.
- Drive student recruitment numbers and revenue targets by undertaking student recruitment activities including attendance at education fairs and visits to corporates and schools.
- achieves contact conversion and recruitment volumes by matching our programmes to the needs of the prospective student.
- Develops operating goals and objectives for the student recruitment and marketing function and administers methods and procedures to enhance operations, as appropriate to the unit.
- Develops a profile of students attracted to the University by conducting research; interviewing applicants; designing questionnaires for current students; analysing questionnaire results and conducting focus groups.
- Systematically gathers market (in and outside Zimbabwe) and competitor intelligence and conduct market research, disseminating findings across the university.
- Develops a network of relevant marketing contacts within and outside the university and use this network to inform the development of student recruitment strategies.
- Develops a network of alumni by identifying and training successful alumni willing to help recruit international and national students and coordinating the network's activities .
- Evaluates recruitment techniques by determining the effectiveness of each recruitment technique used by admissions; discerning the appeal of admissions literature and defining the expectations of the University to be instilled in incoming students by the admissions staff.
- maintains a consistently high contact with prospects, students and enquiries through outbound activity.
- Provides advice on entry requirements, fees, course structure, admissions and enrolment procedures and information about funding opportunities as required.
- Provides administrative support in the department and serves as a principal liaison between students, staff and external parties.
- Improves online application processes by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes and implementing changes.
- Fosters good relationships with secondary schools and prospective students within the country, the region and Africa as a whole.
- Performs any other duties commensurate with the position as may be assigned from time to time.
Salary:Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Applicants should submit their applications, including a curriculum vitae, giving full personal particulars including, full name, place of birth and date of birth, certified proof of qualifications, employment history and experience, contact details, names and conduct details of three referees to:
Assistant Registrar, Human Resources & Administration
P. O. Box 1320
Zimbabwe or email to:email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 06 April 2020.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.