Master of Science in Organizational Psychology
About the Programme
Organizational psychology is a field that analyzes the behavior of people in business settings. Professional organizational psychologists use psychological principles to create methods and plans for optimizing productivity and keeping organizational members motivated. There is an increase in demand for professionals that provide solutions to organizational challenges. The Master of Science in Organizational Psychology programme focuses on the development of students’ skills and competencies to tackle organizational challenges using solution-focused strategies. Many companies rely on organizational psychology professionals with advanced people skills to gain a competitive edge in the business world.
Programme intended learning outcomes
The MSc Organizational Psychology program intends to produce graduates with competencies in:
- The development of fit – for – purpose interventions as organizational consultants at both individual and company levels in constantly changing volatile, uncertain, complex, ambiguous (VUCA) socioeconomic environments.
- The development of organizational assessment technologies for the diagnosis of organizational problems and the provision of solutions.
- Work design, human machine and human computer interactions for the enhancement of individual and organizational goals and objectives.
- People skills for the improvement of human capital, industrial relations, emotional intelligence and leadership skills in organizations
- Carrying out advanced research that is geared at providing solutions to organizational problems
Applicants must be holders of the following qualifications:
- A BSc Honours in Psychology or its equivalent from Africa University or from any recognised University.
- These students will be eligible for registration as psychologists upon completion and after complying with the requirements for registration as stipulated by the Allied Health Professions Council
Method of instruction
A mixture of teaching methods will be used in the programme as follows:
Block release during weekends (Saturdays and Sundays)
Lectures are carried out during weekends to cater for the working students.
- NHPS 501 Advanced Research Methods
- NHPS 502 Advanced Organizational Psychology
- NHPS 503 Emotional Intelligence at the Workplace
- NHPS 504 Advanced Personnel Psychology
- NHPS 505 Advanced Psychometrics
- NHPS 506 Ergonomics and Workplace Design
- NHPS 507 Organizational Psychology Consulting
- NHPS 508 Leadership and Ethics in Organizations
- NHPS 509 Practical placement
- NHPS 510 Dissertation