Africa University, a Pan African and United Methodist Church Related Institution in Zimbabwe, invites applications from suitably qualified and well experienced persons to take up the following positions within the Institution:
AFRICA UNIVERSITY VICE CHANCELLOR
Africa University (AU), the first private university chartered in Zimbabwe, seeks a Vice Chancellor to lead the institution into its fourth decade of service
Associate Professor/Professor in International Relations/Political Science
Reporting to the Dean of the College of Social Sciences, Theology, Humanities and Education (CSSTHE) the Lecturer in International Relations/Political Science main role will be that of teaching and most importantly, conducting solution-oriented research that will lead to innovation, industrialization and commercialization, in line with our policy of education 5.0.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and update curricula in Politics, International Relations and related fields.
- Teach the theory and practice of Politics or International Relations and related fields
- Contribute to the core research programme in Politics or International Relations and related areas
- Mentor, supervise and train students in Politics and International Relations promotion and policy development.
- Supervise students’ research projects and dissertations.
- Engage in scholarly research academic activities in the broader fields of Politics or International Relations and related fields
- Promote public and outreach events in the integrated discipline of Politics, International Relation and Diplomacy and related fields.
- Facilitate training, workshops, seminars and executive courses in Politics, International Relations and related fields
- Develop, write grant proposals and coordinate projects and programmes in Politics and International Relations and related fields in CSSTHE programmes
- Attend and contribute in CSSTHE meetings and University Committee meetings.
- Demonstration of knowledge of how gender and policy issues impact Politics and International Relations issues.