Africa University, an International Pan African and United Methodist Church Related Institution
in Zimbabwe, invites applications from suitably qualified and well experienced person to fill the
following strategic positions:
Associate Professor/Professor in International Relations/Political Science
Reporting to the Dean of the College of Social Sciences, Theology, Humanities and Education
(CSSTHE) the Lecturer in International Relations/Political Science main role will be that of
teaching and most importantly, conducting solution-oriented research that will lead to
innovation, industrialization and commercialization, in line with our policy of education 5.0.
This post is currently on offer to suitably qualified and experienced candidates with the
• A university Doctorate degree in International Relations, Social/Political Science/Theory,
or a related field.
• At least 8 years teaching experience at undergraduate, graduate or tertiary level.
• Must have strong networking skills in order to work with the local, regional and
• Be conversant with United Nations and regional instruments and institutions in Africa as
well as internationally on political issues
• Ability to work as team and respect for cultural diversity.
• Demonstration of ability to contribute to the Colleges’ research profile and an
outstanding record of research and publication in the broader fields of Politics,
International Relations, Diplomacy and related fields.
• International experience working in politics and diplomacy arena will be considered an
• Familiarity with state theory and the repercussions of globalization on the dynamics of
International Relations and the contemporary world over.
• Ability to interrogate the impact of global governance frameworks on the African
continent and states (as well as the African Union).
• Demonstrate an understanding of Africa’s new conflicts and their implication on African
geopolitics and political transactions.
• Experience in the practice politics including experience of working with multi-lateral,
government or non-governmental organisations.
• Develop and update curricula in Politics, International Relations and related fields.
• Teach the theory and practice of Politics or International Relations and related fields
• Contribute to the core research programme in Politics or International Relations and
• Mentor, supervise and train students in Politics and International Relations promotion
and policy development.
• Supervise students’ research projects and dissertations.
• Engage in scholarly research academic activities in the broader fields of Politics or
International Relations and related fields
• Promote public and outreach events in the integrated discipline of Politics, International
Relation and Diplomacy and related fields.
• Facilitate training, workshops, seminars and executive courses in Politics, International
Relations and related fields
• Develop, write grant proposals and coordinate projects and programmes in Politics and
International Relations and related fields in CSSTHE programmes
• Attend and contribute in CSSTHE meetings and University Committee meetings.
• Demonstration of knowledge of how gender and policy issues impact Politics and
International Relations issues.
Applications together with six (6) copies of Curriculum vitae, certified copies and certificates,
academic transcripts and at least three names of referees with their e-mail, phone numbers and
postal addresses should be forwarded to:
Assistant Registrar – Human Resources and Administration Africa University P. O. Box
1320 Mutare Zimbabwe or email to:
The closing date for applications is 04 September 2021
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.