Africa University, an International Pan African and United Methodist Church-Related Institution in Zimbabwe, invites applications from a suitably qualified and well-experienced international candidate fill the following strategic position:
LECTURER/SENIOR LECTURER/ ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR/ PROFESSOR IN INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS/POLITICAL SCIENCE
Reporting to the Dean of the College of Social Sciences, Theology, Humanities and Education (CSSTHE) the Lecturer in International Relations/Political Science’s main role will be that of teaching and conducting solution-oriented research that will lead to innovation, industrialization and commercialization, in line with Education 5.0.
This post is currently on offer to suitably qualified and experienced international candidates with the following competencies:
- A university Doctorate degree in International Relations, Political Science, or related field.
- A Master’s degree in International Relations or Political Science or a related field
- At least 5 years teaching experience at undergraduate, graduate or tertiary level.
- Strong networking skills in order to work with local, regional and international organizations.
- Be conversant with United Nations and regional institutions and instruments in Africa as well as political issues at international level.
- Demonstration of ability to contribute to the Colleges’ research profile and an outstanding record of research and publication in the broader fields of Politics, International Relations, Diplomacy and related fields.
- International experience working in the politics and diplomacy arena will be considered an advantage.
- Familiarity with state theory and the repercussions of globalization on the dynamics of International Relations and the contemporary world.
- Ability to interrogate the impact of global governance frameworks on the African continent and states as well as the African Union.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Africa’s new conflicts and their implication on African geopolitics and political transactions.
- Experience in the practice politics including experience of working with multi-lateral, government or non-governmental organisations.
- Ability to work as a team and respect for cultural diversity.
- Teach the theory and practice of Politics or International Relations and related fields
- Develop and review curricula in International Relations and related fields.
- Contribute to the core research programme in Politics or International Relations and related areas.
- Mentor, supervise and train students in Politics and International Relations promotion and policy development.
- Supervise students’ research projects and dissertations.
- Engage in scholarly research academic activities in the broader fields of Politics or International Relations and related fields
- Promote public and outreach events in the integrated discipline of Politics, International Relation and Diplomacy and related fields.
- Facilitate training, workshops, seminars and conferences in International Relations and related fields
- Develop, write grant proposals and coordinate projects and programmes in International Relations and related fields.
- Attend and contribute in College meetings and University-wide Committee meetings.
- Demonstration of knowledge of how gender and policy issues impact Politics and International Relations issues.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications together with copies of curriculum vitae, certified copies of certificates, academic transcripts and at least three names of referees with their e-mail, phone numbers and postal addresses should be forwarded to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 1 August 2022.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.