Africa University, a Pan African and United Methodist Church Related Institution in Zimbabwe, invites applications from suitably qualified and well experienced persons to fill the following strategic positions:
LECTURER /SENIOR LECTURER/ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR/PROFESSOR IN OLD TESTAMENT
Reporting to the Dean of the College of Social Sciences, Theology, Humanities and Education (CSSTHE) the Lecturer in Old Testament’s main role will be that of teaching and most importantly, conducting solution-oriented research that will lead to innovation, industrialization and commercialization, in line with our policy of education 5.0. This post is currently on offer to suitably qualified and experienced candidates with the following competencies:
- A university Doctorate degree in Old Testament Studies or Biblical Studies.
- A Master’s degree in Old Testament or Biblical Studies
- A Bachelor’s degree in Religious Studies or related area.
- The ability to teach Biblical Hebrew.
- The ability to teach the New Testament and Biblical Greek is an added advantage.
- At least 5 years teaching experience at undergraduate, graduate or tertiary level.
- While Africa University is an ecumenical, theologically diverse, church related University, the incumbent must evidence an understanding of, and commitment to, working within the Christian ethos and doctrinal framework of the United Methodist Church.
- Ability to work as team and respect for cultural diversity.
- Demonstration of ability to contribute to the Colleges’ research profile and an outstanding record of research and publication in the broader fields of Old Testament Studies, Biblical Hebrew, Biblical Studies and related fields.
- Familiarity with state theory and research in Old Testament Studies and the ability to interrogate the role of the Old Testament, and, or, Biblical Studies in enhancing efforts at developing the African continent.
- Develop and review curricula in Old Testament Studies and related fields.
- Teach the theory and practice of Old Testament exegesis, hermeneutics and related fields
- Contribute to the core research programme in Old Testament Studies and related areas.
- Mentor, supervise and train students in research in Old Testament Studies.
- Supervise students’ research projects and dissertations.
- Engage in scholarly research academic activities in the broader fields of Old Testament Studies and related fields
- Promote public and outreach events in the integrated discipline of Biblical Studies and related fields.
- Facilitate training, workshops, seminars and executive courses in Old Testament Studies and related fields
- Develop, write grant proposals and coordinate projects and programmes in Old Testament Studies and related fields in CSSTHE programmes
- Attend and contribute in CSSTHE meetings and University Committee meetings.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications together with copies of curriculum vitae, certified copies of certificates, academic transcripts and at least three names of referees with their e-mail, phone numbers and postal addresses should be forwarded to: email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 1 August 2022.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.