Africa University, a Pan-African United Methodist - Related Institution in Zimbabwe, invites applications from suitably qualified and well experienced persons to fill the following strategic positions that have arisen within the College of Health, Agriculture and Natural Sciences:
- LECTURER/SENIOR LECTURER/ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR/PROFESSOR - HAEMATOLOGY/BLOOD BANK
Reporting to the Head of Department, the main duties and responsibilities of the Lecturer in Haematology/Blood Bank will be that of teaching, conducting solution-oriented research and community engagement that will lead to transformative policy changes and innovation in the field of Haematology/Blood Bank in line with Education 5.0.
- PhD or enrolled in PhD programme in Haematology/Blood Bank.
- Master’s Degree in Haematology/Blood Bank.
- First Degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences.
- Registered or registerable with the Medical Laboratory and Clinical Scientists’ Council.
- At least five years teaching experience at undergraduate, graduate or tertiary level and/or industry.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise student lab work, as well as conducting and publishing own research work.
- Demonstrated ability to develop online programs.
- Ability to spearhead competitive research grant applications.
- Evidence of successful participation in multi-disciplinary teaching and research.
- Commitment to the maintenance of high standards of ethical behaviour among staff and students.
- A good record of research and publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Ability to mobilize resources through writing research and grant proposals independently.
- Ability to work as a team and respect for cultural diversity.
- Demonstrated record of academic leadership that will contribute to invigorating departmental instruction, curricular innovation, and increased Departmental research productivity in line with the Education 5.0 thrust in Higher Education Training.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparation, development and monitoring of effective and innovative learning and assessment materials.
- Teaching core courses in Haematology/Blood Bank in the undergraduate Medical Laboratory Science Programme.
- Innovative teaching and student assessment for taught courses.
- Supervising student project proposals and dissertations.
- Advising undergraduate and graduate students.
- Spearhead competitive research and project grant applications.
- Undertaking relevant research in communicable and non-communicable diseases.
- Work with the College team in the development of new modules and online programmes that promote innovative teaching and learning.
- Liaise with the health industry and other stakeholders regarding curricula, excursions, research and community empowerment projects.
- Conduct innovative research and commercialize the outputs in communicable and non-communicable diseases in line with the Education 5.0 thrust of Higher Education training.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications together with copies of curriculum vitae, certified copies of certificates, academic transcripts and at least three names of referees with their e-mail, phone numbers and postal addresses should be forwarded to: email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 08 August 2022.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.